With 11 languages under his belt, Steve Kaufmann is an extremely accomplished language learner. His extensive language learning wisdom in shared in his book titled The Way of the Linguist: A Language Learning Odyssey and his online language learning system called LingQ. In the interview, we discuss what Steve believes to be the 7 most common misconceptions about language learning, how to learn Mandarin effectively, and the role of a good teacher.Read More
Time to Vote in the Babla Top 100 Language Lovers Contest
Top 100 Language Blogs
Thank you to Language Mastery fans for nominating the blog for the 2013 Babla Top 100 Language Learning Blogs competition. To vote for the site, click "Vote Now" and scroll down to
Foreign Language Mastery
Top 100 Twitterers
And thank you to Language Mastery Twitter followers for nominating
Language Mastery Archive
Nihongo the Fun Way
This is your year to learn Japanese the way you've always wanted:
1. Reading manga, watching anime, and using free, fun, modern tools instead of tedious textbooks.
2. Learning Japanese wherever you are instead of taking expensive, location-dependent classes.
3. Using proven methods that work with—not against—our hardwired language acquisition faculties, the whims of human psychology, and busy schedules.
Give yourself Master Japanese, and learn on your own time, reach your own goals, and use tools you've chosen. No more excuses! Get started on your Japanese journey today.
Join the Newsletter
Top 5 Reasons to Join
1. It's free.
2. Your information will NEVER be shared with anyone. I hate spam as much as you.
3. You'll get exclusive language learning tips.
4. All the cool kids are doing it.
5. You'll get 2 bombtastic bonuses:
My exclusive interview with renowned linguist Dr. Stephen Krashen.
25% off my 574-page Master Japanese language guide.